Business Visa Program
Traveling to the USA
How does the process works?
In case you have a biometric passport:
- United States (U.S.) visa policy permits citizens of certain countries to travel to the U.S. without a visa, when they meet certain requirements, under U.S. laws, via VISA WAIVER PROGRAM / ESTA REGISTRATION.
- Travelers have to complete an online registration at: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
- After the application is completed, only a single confirmation page is printed.
- More information about traveling without visa (ESTA, validity etc.) please visit: http://prague.usembassy.gov/esta.html
- A visa is usually exposed within 24 hours and is delivered within three business days after the interview.
In case you do not have a biometric passport:
- You will need to obtain a visa. Every applicant over 14 must appear in person at the US Embassy. The B1/B2 visa allows you to attend short, in-house training courses of up to 6 months. You should carry a letter with you on the company letterhead stating the purpose of the trip, the approximate length of stay, and that your salary will continue to be paid from the Czech company.
- Applicants must have a complete online DS-160 application first https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV/
- The application is sent automatically, via the web, to the U.S. Embassy. The system also enables the upload of an applicant’s photo.
- After the application is completed, only a single confirmation page is printed. If the form is not filled out correctly, the Consular Staff at the U.S. Embassy will contact the applicant prior to their appointment. This will ensure that an applicant need only travel to the Embassy once.
- To schedule an appointment at the US Embassy, please click here: http://czech.prague.usembassy.gov/how_to_pay_fees.html
- Application fee receipts (for more information about fees, please click here http://czech.prague.usembassy.gov/how_to_pay_fees.html
- Applicants have to take their passport (valid for at least 6 months after the arrival) and the original fee receipts to the interview!
For more information about non-immigrant visa, registration, fee, validity of visa, etc., please visit http://prague.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html .