Homepage / Activities Schedule / Creativity and Business: What Does That Phrase Really Mean? By Eric Maisel, the America´s foremost creativity coach and author
Creativity and Business: What Does That Phrase Really Mean? By Eric Maisel, the America´s foremost creativity coach and author
AmCham offices, Dusni 10, Prague 1
09:00 - 11:00
Type of Activity
Most businesspeople pay lip service to the idea that they want “more creativity in their business.” But typically they have little idea what they actually mean-and therefore little idea how to proceed.
This is understandable, since the phrase “creativity and business” actually refers to more than a dozen different and often contradictory ideas. In this presentation you’ll learn about the different faces of “creativity and business” so that you can decide which ones work for you-and which ones don’t!
Some of the questions we’ll examine:
• In a business context, what does “creativity” really mean-more innovation, better problem-solving strategies, manifesting more potential, or what?
• Who is supposed to be creative-you, your employees, or both?
• Do you want creative workers … or do you want good workers?
• If all your employees are creative, who does the routine, boring work?
• What does “more creative” marketing or “more creative” decision-making actually look like?
• Creativity is a process that comes with mistakes and messes - can you tolerate those mistakes and messes?
• Should you do the things that you know work or should you create new systems and new products “just to be creative”?
Explore the reality of “creativity and business” with Dr. Eric Maisel, America’s foremost creativity coach and the author of more than 35 books, and learn which aspects of creativity are unlikely to help your business-and which really can help!